St. Catherine of Siena School (SCS) is an educational ministry of St. Catherine of Siena Parish in Vallejo. Our students have various opportunities to practice and learn about their Catholic identity. Catholic identity permeates through Christian-service activities, curriculum, and the daily lives of our faculty, staff, and students. Our SCS community emphasizes on recognizing and practicing virtues as our foundation to living and loving like Christ.
While not all students who attend SCS are Catholic, all share experiences of faith and are taught the value of living a moral life. We encourage our students to accept one another rather than to exclude, to understand the difference between right and wrong, and to commit themselves to serving God by serving others.
At St. Catherine of Siena, the curriculum includes the incorporation of Catholic Identity across all subjects:
- Religious instruction in all grades
- Weekly Mass for Kindergarten-8th grade students
- Reconciliation during the liturgical seasons of Advent and Lent as well as Back-to-School and Graduation
- Sacramental preparation in 2nd grade
- Service projects for students in PK-8th grades throughout the year
- Studying the virtue of the month
- Participation in monthly parish-wide liturgies through music, lectoring, altar serving, and more
Parish Website: http://stcatherinevallejo.org